City of Thomasville Park Reservation Procedures
Although there are numerous parks within the City limits, there are only three parks for which reservations are accepted for weddings, birthday, parties, reunions, and other various activities.
These are The Big Oak (Elizabeth Ireland Poe Park), Thomasville Rose Garden Gazebo, Cherokee Lake Park Pavilion #1 and Francis Weston Park). The remaining parks are available to be used on a first-come, first served basis. Normal hours of availability are from sunrise to sunset. There is no charge for the use of any city park. Please note that when reserving a park; you are, in fact, reserving specific structures and that portion of the park where they are located. Because all city parks are public property, your reservation does not constitute exclusive use of the entire park area in total. The use of inflatable or motorized carnival type activities is prohibited.
HOW TO RESERVE A PARK
- A reservation cannot be officially put on the calendar until all forms are completed.
- All reservations must be made at least ten (10) business days in advance. Reservations will be accepted up to 365 days in advance. Any changes such as change of date, facility, time, etc., MUST be in writing and signed by the person who made the initial request.
- A repeated or multiple booking is any request for a second reservation for the same park in the same month, or reservations in consecutive months.
- Park hours of availability are from sunrise to sunset. Reservations are not accepted during major holidays. (For example: July 4th, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, etc.) However, the park is a public place and can be utilized if the area is not already in use.
Although a reservation fee is not charged for park usage, the reservation holder is responsible for any damages to City parks and park structures. A park inspection will be held following a booked reservation. Should property damage be incurred or should excessive clean-up efforts be necessary, the reservation holder will be billed. Please note that charges are not billed for normal maintenance efforts.
Any person or organization reserving a park structure is requested to notify Kristen Horne, Marketing Department, immediately of cancellations, as there may be a waiting list for the park.
- The City reserves the rights to cancel a reservation with at least thirty (30) days notice, at anytime a group or individual violates Park regulations, or if the Facilities Director deems the park to be unusable or unsafe.
Call Kristen Horne, City of Thomasville Marketing Department, (229) 227-4062 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or with any questions regarding the reservation process.