Fire Prevention Division
100 South Crawford Street
Thomasville, GA 31792
The Fire Prevention Division of Thomasville Fire Rescue strives to maintain a safe living and working environment for our community. We seek to accomplish this by providing the highest level of fire prevention through public education, inspections, and code enforcement and detailed plan review to ensure that properties and buildings are properly constructed in accordance with local and state requirements.
In order to provide our community with the highest level of protection from loss of life and property through fire, it is important that thorough and periodic inspections be made of properties and commercial buildings. Engine Companies perform prefire plans and the Fire Prevention Division personnel conduct inspections. At that time steps are taken to educate the community about protecting the lives and property of our citizens through proper safety practices and identifying and eliminating all types of hazardous conditions which may pose a threat to life, the environment and property.
The Prevention Division primary objectives include:
- Prevention of fires
- Plan and conduct community fire and life safety education programs
- Perform routine inspections on all commercial businesses, new construction, schools, day care centers and group homes
- Properly identify and document all fire code violations and hazardous materials and hazardous substances
- Regulation of storage, use and handling of hazardous materials and hazardous substances
- Conduct plan reviews of all submitted plans for construction projects for both new and existing structures
- Perform inspection and acceptance tests of newly installed fire protection equipment and systems